Introducing the Atomic Twinkie

In September, 2011 we purchased a 1965 Avion H-24 travel trailer. Our friends Kirk & Beth own a 1964 Avion H-24. While camping in August I said if I ever owned one I'd be tempted to give it a logo, replicating the nose art from World War II. So, this was in my mind after we purchased the Avion. (Read about that purchase here.)

Then, in November I joined
Sisters on the Fly. One of the things they ask is if your trailer has a name. Hmmm, nope. I needed one. I kept thinking about it and finally landed on Atomic Twinkie. It combines our love for Mid Century Modern style and the trailer just kinda looks like a giant Twinkie. Now, with a name, I need a graphic.

So I started searching the internet for nifty pin-up art women I could integrate into a logo for the trailer. I came up with a bunch of different designs, getting input from my friends from the Loyal Order of the Glampers Facebook group. I kept playing with fonts, images, etc. but nothing seemed quite right.

Atomic Twinkie 1Atomic Twinkie 2
Atomic Twinkie 3Atomic Twinkie 4
Then I stumbled across Hilda, the work of artist Duane Bryers, and started to play with her image as well. 





Atomic Twinkie

This lady hit the mark. Maybe a little too close to home, but I think I have the winner. She's wearing a pair of Vroomers sliver trailer slippers and enjoying a good laugh. So, if you see an Avion, look for the Atomic Twinkie. If you see her, stop by and say hello.


Comments

Popular Posts