Amazing yard art

I'm sure my neighbors talk about the crazy lady who lives in this house.  I use empty wine/liquor bottles in my garden, I was spray painting branches in December.  I have vintage travel trailers in my driveway.  Well, I found someone who tops me!

Every Halloween there is a home a few miles away that does a huge display.   People can walk through the display and every year the theme is different.  We don't "celebrate" Halloween, so outside of driving past it every now and then during normal running around I've never really paid attention to it; and the home is not on a road that is a normal route for me.

This year for some reason my husband and I were traveling down that road the first week of November and we came to that house.  STOP THE CAR I cried out, grabbing my phone so I could take pictures.  Normally I carry my digital camera with me, but this day the cell phone had to do.

The homeowners were in the process of taking the display down.  They had gone with an "Alice in Wonderland" theme this year.  The flowers, the mushrooms, and the GIANT metal chicken.  I was in love.  I snapped the photos below.  The mushrooms are wood that they carved and then spraypainted and assembled.  To create the flowers, the wife cut the petals and leaves from filing cabinets.  The stems are from backyard trampolines.  All designed to appear "large" so the viewer felt "small", a-la Alice.  The chicken came from an auction held on the west side of the state.  It's not often one sees an 8' metal chicken.   I may have to buy a flower or two from them, and the mushrooms may have to find their way to my backyard as well, at least one or two.  They're just so fun. 

And, I will be making it a point to drive by  next year and see what this creative couple comes up with next.




Comments

Popular Posts