Back to work ... finally

Funky Stuff Gifts Little Golden Books theme upcycled vintage train case
Between the house remodeling, two surgeries, people passing away, etc. I haven't had the energy or desire to do much creating in the last year.  My heart just wasn't there.  I did a few special train cases (most notably a case for my niece Amy's wedding and a Somewhere in Time theme case for a group of women who gathered for the event at the Grand Hotel), but that's about it.  But, I had people wanting cases, and heaven knows I can use the money, so it was time to get back to work. 

Funky Stuff Gifts Somewhere in Time theme vintage train case displayed at The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan I find working on the train cases so soothing.  Time seems to disappear and I am often surprised by how much time has passed when I look up from what I'm doing.  What I'm also discovering is how much my mood lifts.  I also have some ideas for some new things I want to try, but I need to get some other stuff out of the way first.  This is a start.

The top case is a "Little Golden Books" theme case.  Because of it's size, it could easily be used as a diaper bag or maybe a toy carrier for quiet time at church, doctor appointments, etc.

The second case is a Somewhere in Time movie themed case.  I took this on the balcony of my room at The Grand Hotel when I attended the SIT convention in 2018.  It's a wonderful event and I highly recommend it.

The next case is a vintage Mary Poppins themed case.  This was a customer request and I love the way it came out.  It just made me happy creating it.

The bottom case is an "I Love Lucy" themed case.  This woman was funny, smart and beautiful.  She was a dominate force at a time when women didn't run Hollywood.  

Now - on to the next project!  




Comments

Popular Posts