Goodbye 2023

 

Wow, where has the year gone?  I sat in my recliner this morning looking outside and thinking.  I love my view and it brings me so much peace and comfort.  It’s my haven.  I said a silent prayer of thanks to God for bringing this to our life.  I said a thank you to Don who owned the property for something like 65 years.  He passed away and we purchased the property from his estate.  It was completely overgrown and had been neglected for many years.  The house was in sad shape, but you could feel the peace on the property.  We were home.  We’ve been here for 8 years now.  Incredible.  Each year we make changes, slow but steady, to the landscape. 

The biggest thing in 2023 for our home was finally being able to purchase the acreage just behind us.  When Gloria, my mother-in-law, lived with us she would talk about the woods.  Every day she commented on how beautiful the view was, and how tall the trees are.  She said we must have very good soil and water for the trees to grow so well.  She would reference the trees to talk about the weather.  She loved watching the ducks and geese and other wildlife that would come to the pond.  When she passed away we would quote her when we watched the trees moving in the breeze.   When the land became available we were able to use estate settlement funds to purchase it.  It feels like her gift to us.  I thank her daily.

2023 was a huge change year for me personally.  The animal rescue I volunteered for had tremendous upheaval and I had to step away.  This has caused grief, loss, mourning, anger and deep concern.  I have watched the savageness of social media.  I have seen mental health issues like I had not seen before.  I have explored spiritual beliefs like I had not before.  I feel like beliefs are changing, expanding, and challenging. 

Tyler’s business is humming along nicely.  His assistant Janice is amazing and her being so great allowed us to escape away for a few days, just me and Mark.  It was a MUCH needed break for us and allowed a glimpse into a future where I don’t have to be as involved with Tyler’s business.  I’m feeling the push to start exploring more independence for Tyler, which eventually might include him not living with us.  That thought makes me want to throw up, but that’s part of my job – getting him to fly.

There was a light dusting of snow on the ground which made me smile.  I love seeing the yard with a fresh layer of snow.  Everything looks clean and fresh and new.  The snow has melted, but it was a lovely way to greet the day. 

I have a lot to say.  I keep thinking of things I want to write about – or talk about on my YouTube channel.  I’m still not sure which method is the best for me, but we’ll figure that out.  I don’t know why I have such a push to share, and the push is strong.  So, I figure if this is a path I’ll walk down it until I’m pushed off. 

I wish everyone a happy 2024.  The world is changing faster than we can comprehend.  I believe we are heading into a time of war and tribulation but I believe we have peace and new hope beyond that.  So for 2024 we will prepare, learn and reach out.  I’m praying for peace and strength for those who are fighting the forces for darkness.  I’m praying for enlightenment and truth to emerge stronger than ever.  I have faith we will get there.  We have no other choice.

Comments

Popular Posts