Now it feels like Christmas


Christmas is a time for traditions.  When I started dating my boys' Dad I was introduced to pizzelles.  They are wonderful wafer thin Italian cookies made in a press, like a waffle iron only much thinner.  Every year at Christmas they would make batches of cookies and give them away as small gifts to friends and family.  I brought a batch home to my family and we were hooked. 

My boys have grown up with our family making them year after year as gifts for our friends and family too.


This year with so much going on, the house still not finished from the big remodel job this year, our grief over losing my Dad and the boys' Dad and everything else, well, I haven't decorated much or really felt a lot of the Christmas spirit.  But, it's wrong to let the dark win so on we go.

Logan was home for a visit and I put him to work.  It was fun spending this time with my son, and it makes me smile watching traditions get passed down.  I remember watching his Grandpa Glen making them, and then his Dad and now him.  I love stuff like this.

Comments

Popular Posts