Family Traditions

Image may contain: foodSo many of our family traditions come from our joining with other families.
On Christmas morning we usually have Swedish Pancakes, using a recipe from Jo. My griddle was a wedding gift from Steve and Dale, my first husband's brothers. We make pizzelles and chocolate eclairs at Christmas, also using recipes from Jo. This year we added maple syrup made by me and Mark from trees on our property. Yum!
The calzones we make are a nod to my Italian mother-in-law Gloria. (As are the pizzelles, an Italian cookie.).
While shopping the other day I fought back tears when I spotted a box of chocolate covered cherries - an annual gift for my Dad when he could still eat them.
Our stockings were made by Aunt Rhonda, and the boys have stockings made by Jo. We have ornaments that commemorate different events through the years, or gifts from dear friends and family.
Thank you to all our loved ones for being in our hearts this year. We're missing Dad and the boys' Dad Bryan, both so recently passed. We are looking forward to new adventures and fondly remembering the ones we had in 2018. We are blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.

Comments

Popular Posts