Happy New Year

As 2018 wraps up I've been reflecting on the past year and thinking about the one ahead of us.  2018 was not a good year - but it was.

In 2018 I had multiple surgeries - bad. But, I recovered - good.

In 2018 my dad passed away - bad. But, he's no longer suffering - good.

In 2018 my boys' Dad passed away - bad.  But, if he had lived he would have had a lifetime of battles - so, good.

In 2018 we celebrated Tyler's Bottle Service's 5th Anniversary with family and friends at the Detroit Tigers Comerica Park - amazing.

In 2018 we were able to attend the Joe Kocur Foundation for Children Annual Softball Tournament and Tyler got lots of great photos and autographs from players - wonderful.

In 2018 we celebrated the wedding of my niece Amy to her new hubby Ross - great.

In 2018 we started a large home remodeling project that uncovered MANY problems with our home - bad - but what we uncovered could have caused our house to burn down or our toilet to fall through the floor - so good.

I could go on.  For every challenge there has been a blessing.  Our challenges this year have been big.  They've been hard.  They've hurt.  But, I have to believe that there will be wonderful to balance them out.  This is the way life goes.

We are thankful for our friends and family as we close this year out and look forward to many great times in 2019.   Stay safe this evening, and Happy New Year from our home to yours.

Image result for happy new year 2019 chicken


Comments

Popular Posts