Tyler's Bottle Service in the Oakland Press!

In August, 2013 my son Tyler started his own business.  He picks up Michigan returnable bottles and cans from homes and offices and takes them to the store to be returned, collecting the 10 cent bottle deposit that was paid when the item was purchased.  He splits the dollar amount with the customer, keeping half for his fee.

In the fall, the Spinal Column wrote a lovely article about Tyler's business.  The result was amazing, which resulted in my writing this blog posting.  

Yesterday, an article about Tyler's business ran in the Oakland Press.  You can read it here.   The emails and calls have started coming in.  

The best thing is how excited my son is.  He LOVES working.  When I think back to all those "experts" who rattled off a list of all the things he wouldn't be able to do ... well, I'm just glad I didn't listen to them.

Life is good!

Comments

Popular Posts