My new obsession - Decoupage!

I have a new obsession - upcycling train cases and other such things. 

It started last year when I decided to decoupage an old train case using a First Aid theme for our 1965 Avion.  I have always kept our First Aid items in a Rubbermaid container.  Boring. 

So, I set out to find all kinds of cool vintage First Aid related advertisements, and then applied them to the case.  COOL!  It's a lot of work, but cool! 
First Aid theme train case upcycled by OurStuff4You

So, then I took a natty travel bar and did the same thing, using vintage liquor ads (nothing "newer" than the age of the trailer). 

Vintage Travel Bar upcycled by OurStuff4You

Now I'm hooked.  I gave the first First Aid case to my friend as a gift, and made another one for me.  Then, it snowballed.  I put a couple on etsy on a whim, and they sold.  One sold within 2 hours of my listing it.  Holy smokes!

I have even started covering other things.  I made a cute little trinket box using vintage pin-up girl images and an adorable Ariel themed purse for my niece.
 


So, now I am relentlessly scouring all the resale shops in my area for vintage train cases.  I'm anxiously awaiting garage sale season.  Flea markets .. bring it on. 

I have all kinds of ideas ready to go - just need the cases.  I've also done some pretty interesting custom cases at the client's request.  So much fun. 
Pulp Fiction theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You Ranch Romance theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You

First Aid theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You What Is Art theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You

Hilda theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You Ranch Romances theme vintage travel bar by OurStuff4You

Travel Trailer ad theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You Ooh La La vintage smut theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You

Marilyn Monroe theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You Positive Affirmations theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You

Little Mermaid Ariel theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You What Is Art theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You

Marilyn Monroe theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You Minnie Mouse through the years theme vintage train case by OurStuff4You


Comments

  1. Your creations are stunning! Thank you for sharing. So you have an Etsy Shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thank you so much. My Etsy shop is currently on hold but I will be opening it again in 2024. I've been busy playing with furniture and need to get back to the train cases.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts